Qualitative photography is the need of an hour as many business houses are product based and need to put the best pictures online. The photography is going to a drastic change in the digital world. The photographers must be aware of the Photoshop process. As the images should not be under processed or enhanced much more. The photographers should know about the right tools of the photography and minute details about Photoshop.
The greater images play a vital role in today’s world, as image processing is a significant step. Most of the pictures are not taken straight from the camera so post-processing is important for making the images better. The Photographers must be experienced in the editing process to deliver the best photographs to the clients. Here are six foremost methodologies that photographers must follow if they are using Photoshop as their work tool.
1.Defining the Colors
The Eyedropper tool helps in selecting the foreground color of the particular photograph. The background color of the photograph can be changed by using the tool shortcut ‘x’. After this, the photographer can pick any of the colors. The first key component is to define the foreground color, and then they must get accustomed to defining the background color. Here, the photographer can use the ‘Alt/Option’ to define the background color. Therefore, there is no need to change the foreground color of the photo but one can easily change the background color with one click.
2.Be Careful while Working on White background
For the high key images, it is best to have the white background. Most of the times, working with the white background and placing the image may seem little disconnecting. Here are some carefully chosen steps.
- After selecting the pictures, the photographers can click on the Curve Adjustment Layer to adjust the curves automatically.
- The Photographers can adjust the background color by bringing it close proximity white by dragging the midtones higher. This will not make the background color completely bright white.
- The Photographer should extend the white background as high as possible. This will help in making the full-size shot of the model neither it will result in the shortage of the full-sized background.
- To match with the white tone perfectly, the photographers can extend the canvas and make a selection across the image by using the Rectangular Marquee tool. One can also click on the ‘Edit’ and then ‘Content Aware Scale’.
3.Enhancement of Images
The contrast and brightness play a vital role in the enhancement of the images. These two features enhance the quality of the images. This improves the aesthetic appeal of the photograph. In photo retouching, the utilization of the contrast and brightness adjustment helps in the maximum adjustment of the images. It also improves the quality of digital images. The contrast gives a balanced tone to the image, and brightness creates a proper illumination and balance amongst the image.
4.Dodge and Burn Process
In the dodge and Burn process, the Curve Adjustment Layer helps in setting a brighter and darker exposure in each set of the photograph. With the help of the layer mask and brush, the dodging and burning must be done where it deems fit. This process puts an effect on the
This process helps in making the skin tone even and other parts of the image that will either lighten or darken one side of the image. Most of the photographers dodge their photos in order to add a brightening contrast later on to their images.
5.Toning the Images
The Color Balance, Hue & Sat Adjustment layers and levels help in toning the photos well. It helps the photographers in the following ways:
- The Color Balance layer is worked upon first to even the toning of the images.
- To give a realistic view to the image, one can add colors like cyan, blue, red, green, yellow to highlights and midtones and magenta color to the shadows.
- To give a cool look to the photo the photographer can add level adjustment layers. It fills the shadows with the colors and provides a film look.
- To give different tones and looks, one can use Hue and Saturation to tune up the colors.
Crush Highlights using Curves
The Photographer can add contrast to the image with the help of the Curves Adjustment Layer. The crushing of the highlights can be carried out with the help of small ‘S’ curve. The top point is brought on the right side and second point to reduce the tonal range of the highlights. The Crushing of the highlights can be done with the high key images and not all images.